A Financial Inclusion case study-Blockchain Based Payment System

菲律宾银行金融普惠性方案.pdf (3.7 MB)

Without access to financial services, individual consumers and business owners in rural areas of the Philippines are unable to make use of regulated bank accounts, speedy domestic and international payment networks, lucrative investment mechanisms, trustworthy credit options, and more. With financial inclusion, these people become empowered to better manage their assets and contribute to the national economy. Together, Unionbank and ConsenSys Solutions recognized the potential of Project i2i not only to help alleviate poverty in the Philippines, but also to make a tangible difference in the quality of people’s lives.

The challenge of facilitating financial inclusion was to encourage the financially excluded, traditionally located in rural areas, to engage with financial systems. The key to this engagement was determined to be a partnership with the existing 476 rural banks located amid small rural communities across the country. These rural banks are a critical piece of infrastructure, already embedded and invested in the well-being and development of the communities they serve. Their function and established presence within these remote village communities make them uniquely positioned to reach a large portion of the 56% of Filipinos living in these areas. The problem of partnering with these rural banks was that they themselves

were unbanked. They were disconnected from each other, from national

commercial banks, and from domestic payment networks. The goal of

Project i2i thus evolved to include the following:

• To overcome the challenges of connectivity and the lack of basic

technological resources across rural areas

• To build the infrastructure that would effectively bring the rural banks

into the domestic financial system, together with the customers

they serve

Qitmeer should be underlying infrastructure to enhance financial inclusion and create social impact.

Nice!

全球还有很多人没有享受到银行的服务,期待meer更快的成为基础设施为这一部分人提供服务

当区块链出来的时候,就给那些享受不了银行服务的地区的人,提供了以区块链驱动普惠金融的可能性,
非洲有庞大的人群享受不到银行服务,不管是因为银行服务成本还是其他方面的原因,很庞大的人群不能享受这种服务,